Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Why America is Fucked (Graphically, At Least)


America Is F*cked.......(Graphically at least) from Jess Gibson on Vimeo.

This video has been making the rounds lately, so I guess it's about time that it finds its way here. Art Director and branding guru Aaron Draplin provides anecdotal evidence on why America is going down the pisser graphically. In my opinion, you can say that about every aspect of the visual arts right now and it all pretty much stems from the lack of respect for history and the never ending chase of Cool. Dudes need to start sitting down and thinking about their shit. I only have so much time in my life and I don't want to waste it sifting through mediocrity. Oh yeah, I like Futura Bold, even though Wes Anderson pretty much owns it cinematically right now.

1 comments:

the kim December 31, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

your blog is so much cooler than mine. damnit. hah. happy early new year.