Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"Magic Man" by The Aliens



Fabian Unternahrer, the dude honored with my inaugural Image Of The Week and overall super cool guy, referred me to this reverse music video directed by John Maclean and Christian McKenzie for The Aliens. To be honest, this completely flew under my radar, so I'm glad that Fabian put me on. The video feels like an amalgam of Jonze, Gondry, and Patrick Daughters, which is a good thing. And the music is handled by former members of the Beta Band, so you know it's on point. Good stuff. On a side note: I was ready to declare a moratorium on the whole reverse video thing after Jaron Albertin's early Jeff Wall-esque take on Metric's "Empty". After this clip, though, maybe we should end it on a high note and put this particular horse to pasture.

0 comments: